Wireline is a method used to convey downhole equipment or tools in and out of the wells under pressure whereby in the early days it was only used to measure or tag cement head or well depths. The principle of wireline is that, any downhole tools or equipment to be run into a well must acquire fishing neck and all its dimensions and drawings must be logged. This shall allow the tools or equipment to be retrieved by means of pulling tools, over-shots or other means should the tool accidentally drop or purposely set in a well and easier references in future.
Reservoir Link Group has acquired 100% stack in Amsito Oilwell Services (M) Sdn Bhd in late 2015 to expand the business scope into the provision of wireline equipment and services.
AMSITO Oilwell Services (M) Sdn Bhd was incorporated in Malaysia in 1979 as a joint venture between local incorporated Bumiputra Company, which owned 51% of the joint venture company, and OTIS Engineering Corporation, a company incorporated in the United States of America which owned the remaining 49%. In 1993, OTIS ceased to exist as its owner Halliburton Company went through an extensive reorganization, folding OTIS products and services into HALLIBURTON ENERGY SERVICES.
Routine Wireline Services
Time required for slickline operations for each well varies based on type of work required, complexity and well conditions. Typical range of slickline services include, but not be limited to the following services:
- Wellhead/Tree preparation and integrity checks
- Barriers (Tree valves) integrity tests and verification
- Rig up slickline equipment and tests
- Routine Valve Change (RVC) & Exercise SCSSV flapper downhole verification
- Tubing clearance check (TCC)
- Tag HUD, Fluid Level & Total Depth (TD)
- Tubing Integrity Test (TIT)
- Sand & Debris Bailing
- Downhole Sampling
- Running and retrieving plugs (profile and/or non-profile types). Lock open TRSV and install WRSV (i.e. wireline insert valve). WRSV retrievable and re-installation
- Brush Nipple profiles
- Retrieving/installing Gas Lift Valve (GLV)
- Zone Change (Open/ Close SSD)
- Heavy Duty Fishing
- Wireline Conveyed Perforating