Wireline Services

Wireline is a method used to convey downhole equipment or tools in and out of the wells under pressure whereby in the early days it was only used to measure or tag cement head or well depths. The principle of wireline is that, any downhole tools or equipment to be run into a well must acquire fishing neck and all its dimensions and drawings must be logged. This shall allow the tools or equipment to be retrieved by means of pulling tools, over-shots or other means should the tool accidentally drop or purposely set in a well and easier references in future.

Reservoir Link Group has acquired 100% stack in Amsito Oilwell Services (M) Sdn Bhd in late 2015 to expand the business scope into the provision of wireline equipment and services.

AMSITO Oilwell Services (M) Sdn Bhd was incorporated in Malaysia in 1979 as a joint venture between local incorporated Bumiputra Company, which owned 51% of the joint venture company, and OTIS Engineering Corporation, a company incorporated in the United States of America which owned the remaining 49%. In 1993, OTIS ceased to exist as its owner Halliburton Company went through an extensive reorganization, folding OTIS products and services into HALLIBURTON ENERGY SERVICES.

Routine Wireline Services

Time required for slickline operations for each well varies based on type of work required, complexity and well conditions. Typical range of slickline services include, but not be limited to the following services:

  • Wellhead/Tree preparation and integrity checks
  • Barriers (Tree valves) integrity tests and verification
  • Rig up slickline equipment and tests
  • Routine Valve Change (RVC) & Exercise SCSSV flapper downhole verification
  • Tubing clearance check (TCC)
  • Tag HUD, Fluid Level & Total Depth (TD)
  • Tubing Integrity Test (TIT)
  • Sand & Debris Bailing
  • Downhole Sampling
  • Running and retrieving plugs (profile and/or non-profile types). Lock open TRSV and install WRSV (i.e. wireline insert valve). WRSV retrievable and re-installation
  • Brush Nipple profiles
  • Retrieving/installing Gas Lift Valve (GLV)
  • Zone Change (Open/ Close SSD)
  • Heavy Duty Fishing
  • Wireline Conveyed Perforating

Cased Hole Logging Services

Bottom Hole Pressure Temperature (BHPT)
Our EMR Gauges provides a range of pressure and temperature rating to suit with well conditions. Various BHPT job (Pressure Build Up, Injection Fall Off and Gradient Survey) can be performed in dynamic and static conditions.
Memory Production Logging Tool (MPLT)
Provide high resolution measurement of the fluid identifications and flow rates in the downhole well environment that are used to evaluate well performance. A typical production logging tools consists of multiple sensors covering a range of physical measurement in order to identify fluid types, volumes and rates of their productions or injection profile.
Multi-Finger Imaging Tool (MIT)
The tools has been designed to accurately measure the inner diameter of casing and present the corrosion and scale deposition, three dimensionally present corrosion and scale deposition of casing inner wall, as well as perforation condition. The sensing section consists displacement sensors, which are uniformly distributed on the outer circumference, with each sensor able to measure the slightest variation in diameter. The tool also includes an inclination sensor and a rotation sensor.
Correlation Surveys (GR/CCL)
Gamma Ray and Collar Logs are used to correlate our depth measurements back to the original open hole and cased hole logs that were run during well completion. It is imperative that we have a copy in the field during our test.
Acoustic Leak Detection Survey
A memory tool used to carry out various well diagnostic studies including Well Integrity Evaluation, Production Performance and Reservoir Monitoring. This device measures Acoustic Spectrum with very high frequency resolution. The tool consists of Spectral Noise, Pressure, High Resolution Temperature and Casing Collar Locator sensors.
Digital Downhole Camera
The downhole cameras can be useful for finding restrictions in a wellbore during completions, and they can locate areas where casing and other tubulars are damaged or corroded and measure splits and cracks. The system can be run in hole directly via slickline or e-line.